Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Belated Birthday

Well - yeah, I wrote this on February 1 and it sat on the hard drive. So here it is, only a month late.

Wow - 35 years. I remember exactly where I was - the delivery room at the Krankenhaus in Fulda, Germany. My first-born. Who was born three years before Elvis died but has now grown up to be an Elvis nut. Who would have thought? The funny times, the good times - your mother wondering if, since you were born in Germany we would have to teach you how to speak English instead of German. I don't think she was serious. I really don't think so. Maybe. Back to the states, growing up - playing with Peanut (you DO remember Peanut) and then growing into a beautiful young woman who still wanted to "put on a show" at Grandma's. Then the two biggest "shows" of all. I still think I'm too young for grandsons but with one 16 and other one following right behind him, I'm obviously wrong about that. And tonight after talking to you all the good times and good things just keep flooding back in my memory.

Good night - and Happy Birthday.

1 comment:

  1. I dont know why my comments were not showing so I am going to try again...it wont be as good as the first...lol

    Thank you. I loved it. Words from you mean more to me than any "gift"

    ReplyDelete