Friday, September 11, 2009

Driving the DNC

The Democrats are in town and I drove one of six motor coach loads of them to the LBJ Library last night. Mostly nice people. Mostly.

One couple - a bit older - got off the bus and turned to the left while most people were going to the right, to the door for the auditorium. About a minute later they came back and the lady asked, "So, where are we supposed to go? There's construction there..." I said, Ma'am, I believe you're supposed to go in that entrance down there for the....." and she cut me off and said, "You BELIEVE? But you don't KNOW???" I said in my nicest voice possible - "Ma'am, your staff advance person is the young lady at the end of the sidewalk; I suggest you ask her since I obviously don't know anything about this Library."

It turns out he's a very senior cog in the Illinois State Senate. One of our other drivers recognized him as having seen him on TV with "The One".

It never fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment