Sunday, September 13, 2009

President Bush on 9/11/09

I had a discussion a little while ago about President Bush staying home on Friday and not making public appearances. I expect he wanted, as I did, nothing to do with this so-called National Day of Service

The statement from his office said:

“We honor those who volunteer to keep us safe and extend the reach of freedom - including members of the armed forces, law enforcement officers, and intelligence and homeland security professionals. Their courage, service, and sacrifice is a fitting tribute to all those who gave their lives on September 11th, 2001. On this day, let us renew our determination to prevent evil from returning to our shores.”

The Obamabots would have made another attack on him no matter what appearance President Bush had done and no matter where he'd done it. He did his duty and he reminds me now of Neil Armstrong in his reticence. I hope it doesn't last as long as Armstrong's.

No comments:

Post a Comment